SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Jan. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Federal-Mogul Corporation (NASDAQ: FDML), a global leading supplier of powertrain technologies, is supplying products for all 10 of Ward's 10 Best Engines for 2012 model year vehicles. Federal-Mogul has designed and manufactured leading technologies for most of the engines recognized as Ward's "10 Best" during the last 18 years. This is the second year in a row that Federal-Mogul technologies have been featured on all 10 engines.
Federal-Mogul provides a wide range of leading powertrain technologies including pistons, rings, cylinder liners, ignition systems, spark plugs, valve seats and guides, as well as sliding bearings, bushings, intake and exhaust manifold gaskets, oil pan gaskets, dynamic seals, and abrasion and thermal protection sleeves.
"We're very proud to contribute to the success of these global engine programs by developing and delivering leading powertrain technologies and innovations which support our customer's needs for improved fuel economy, reduced vehicle emissions and enhanced vehicle performance," said Federal-Mogul President and CEO Jose Maria Alapont. "Federal-Mogul salutes the 2012 winners of Ward's 10 Best. The presence of leading Federal-Mogul technologies on all 10 engines, again this year underscores the success of our sustainable global profitable growth strategy."Ward's 10 Best Engines, featuring Federal-Mogul technologies, include:
- 3.0L TFSI Supercharged DOHC V-6 (Audi A6)
- 2.0L N20 Turbocharged DOHC I-4 (BMW Z4/528i)
- 3.0L N55 Turbocharged DOHC I-6 (BMW 335i coupe)
- 3.6L Pentastar DOHC V-6 (Chrysler 300S/Jeep Wrangler)
- 2.0L EcoBoost DOHC I-4 (Ford Edge)
- 5.0L DOHC V-8 (Ford Mustang Boss 302)
- 2.0L Turbocharged DOHC I-4 (Buick Regal GS)
- 1.6L DOHC I-4 (Hyundai Accent/Kia Soul)
- 2.0L Skyactiv DOHC I-4 (Mazda3)
- 3.5L DOHC V-6 HEV (Infiniti M35h)