38 Million Americans Binge Drink 4 Times a Month
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicate binge drinking is becoming a big problem in the U.S.
According to the agency's latest Vitals Signs report, more than 38 million adults nationwide binge drink an average of four times a month, consuming at most eight drinks each sitting.
|New data from the CDC indicate binge drinking is becoming a big problem in the U.S.|
The report defines binge drinking as consuming four or more drinks for women and five or more drinks for men on an occasion. The CDC says binge drinking can lead to injuries and various health problems including liver disease, certain cancers, heart disease and sexually transmitted diseases, though it also carries economic implications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV