38 Million Americans Binge Drink 4 Times a Month
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicate binge drinking is becoming a big problem in the U.S.
According to the agency's latest Vitals Signs report, more than 38 million adults nationwide binge drink an average of four times a month, consuming at most eight drinks each sitting.
|New data from the CDC indicate binge drinking is becoming a big problem in the U.S.|
The report defines binge drinking as consuming four or more drinks for women and five or more drinks for men on an occasion. The CDC says binge drinking can lead to injuries and various health problems including liver disease, certain cancers, heart disease and sexually transmitted diseases, though it also carries economic implications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV