Chief Executive Glen Senk announced his resignation this week and will be replaced by Chairman, President and Co-Founder Richard Hayne. Senk said he is leaving the company to pursue another opportunity.
The reshuffle comes as Urban Outfitters tries to regain its footing following merchandise missteps and an inventory glut. The specialty apparel retailer has also experienced a slew of management changes in recent months.
The disruption at the top is causing analysts to rethink the company's timeline for a turnaround."Urban Outfitter's announcement that CEO Glen Senk is leaving unhinges the linchpin to the bull thesis and high valuation," Jefferies analyst Randal Konik wrote in a note. "We believe bulls were focused on management quality, particularly at the CEO level, as retail stories are very dependent on management team talent. This latest news puts the company's strategic direction in question and puts a hole in the key bull thesis. Bottom line, we see continued earnings risk and continue to be sellers." Recently, Urban Outfitters appointed David McCreight as head of its Anthropologie division and Charles Kessler as chief merchandising officer of its namesake brand. "With
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV