RightNow’s Annual Research Shows 86 Percent Of U.S. Adults Will Pay More For A Better Customer Experience
The Annual Customer Experience Impact (CEI) Report, conducted online by Harris Interactive on behalf of RightNow (NASDAQ:RNOW) among 2,291 U.S. adults aged 18+, once again shows that delivering exceptional customer experiences is essential for any organization that wants to grow and sustain competitive differentiation in today’s market.
“To thrive in today’s consumer-empowered environment, brands need to deliver the very best possible customer experiences when, where and how consumers want it. The annual CEI report continues to show the importance of customer experience; consumers demand it, they will pay more for it and if we don’t deliver the repercussions can be severe.” Greg Gianforte, founder and CEO, RightNow Click here to see Greg share additional insight about customer experience at Techonomy 2011.
The 2011 CEI Report explores the relationship between consumers and brands. The data reveals that consumers call the shots and want personal and engaging experiences that develop into meaningful relationships with brands. Highlights from the report include:
- 86 percent of U.S. adults will pay more for a better customer experience.
- 89 percent of U.S. adults who’ve ever stopped doing business with an organization due to a poor customer experience began doing business with a competitor.
- When asked specifically how companies can better engage with consumers to spend more, 54 percent said to improve the overall customer experience.
The CEI Report also tracked the impact social media has had on consumers, finding that:
- After a poor customer experience, more than 25 percent (26%) of U.S. adults expressed frustration by posting a negative comment on a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter message boards, forums).
- 79 percent of those who shared complaints about poor customer experience online had their complaints ignored (i.e., received no response to their post(s) from the company/organization).
- 57 percent of those surveyed who received a response had positive reactions to the same company: 46 percent of those surveyed were pleased and 22 percent of those surveyed posted a positive comment about the organization.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV