Stifel Financial Corp. Stock Upgraded (SF)
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 126.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$84.34 million to $22.30 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.57, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$52.25 million or 24.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 24.87%, STIFEL FINANCIAL CORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 108.26%.
- STIFEL FINANCIAL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STIFEL FINANCIAL CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.15 versus $1.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.79 versus -$0.15).
- Despite the weak revenue results, SF has significantly outperformed against the industry average of 38.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.