- A large percentage of the trades that were part of the manipulative scheme, both equities and options, were effected by all Defendants on the Pacific Coast Stock Exchange, which was located in San Francisco.
- Merrill Lynch Professional Clearing Corporation's San Francisco office played a significant role in the fraud. The head of that office actively worked with Merrill's senior management to create the policies and procedures to further the conduct, communicated five to six times a week with one of the lead traders involved in the manipulative naked short-selling of millions of shares of Overstock.com, financed the manipulative trades, prearranged with the trader a plan to allow the trader to fail (not settle) all its Overstock trades, and also worked with clients to avoid being forced to settle naked short-selling transactions thorough "wash" or "matched" trades.
- Goldman Sachs purchased a type of "conversion trades" that were part of the manipulative scheme which were cleared by Merrill Lynch Professional Clearing Corporation in San Francisco, and which trades were effected on the Pacific Coast Stock Exchange in San Francisco.
Overstock.com Announces Court Ruling Dismissing Prime Broker Suit
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts