A lot of the fine processing applications are for example in PC board drilling or in the semiconductor business. And we need to develop lasers -- we actually have in house and R&D UV laser that was recently run at about five watts of output power. We need to get the output power of that UV laser up tremendously. We've also qualified and commercialized our green laser, which is also another good wavelength for fine processing.
Within the materials processing market you can see here the amount of each individual sector that we have penetrated. The highest rate of penetration is in the metal marking, the second two columns along where we have about 60% market share. The largest market, that high power, we've only penetrated about 20% to date. The view is that fiber should get to 60% or 65% of that market. So even at a $1.1 billion, it represents additional revenue opportunity for the company of over $500 million. That market though is also growing. So by the time you get to 2015, the actual opportunity in materials processing will be significantly higher.
We've recently started to sell lasers into fine processing so using our new QCW and medium power lasers for fine welding and fine cutting and drilling of thinner materials, fiber has probably got about 15% market share there but has a very significant runway. And then I'd mention that the other significant areas which we start to address then provide additional headway for the company to grow into are, micro processing and also marking of non-metals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV