So we don’t typically acquire portfolios and go monetize or certainly then we typically develop the technology inhouse and we have a lot of expertise inhouse, in each one of these areas and the intent is to continue to grow in all of these areas. When we look at the acquisitions and we have done a few of these in the past, we ask ourselves who is the perfect acquisition and it’s a company that comes with innovators, it’s a company that comes with substantial business potential of their own and something that really enhances the energy that customer experience because at the end of the day, we have taken upon ourselves to have a mission where we want to enhance and improve the customer experience of an electronic device that anybody uses.
A part of a reason for a diversification strategy is we are looking at expanding our market or to a [level] market that we have. So with semiconductors in 2009 timeframe, the semi business was about $290 billion of which in 2000 about $35 billion to $38 billion of this was in the DRAM space and the balance was all different type of controllers and other types of IC devices, we have licensed about half of the DRAM industry and the other half we have been trying to license and we’ve got some struggles as we go through the process; I’ll talk about that later.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV