In seventh paragraph, board member's name should read Abdallah S. Jum'ah (sted Abdullah S. Jumna).
The corrected release reads:
HALLIBURTON NAMES MURRY S. GERBER TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Halliburton (NYSE: HAL) announced today that Murry S. Gerber has been named to the company’s board of directors. The appointment is effective January 10, 2012 and Gerber will be confirmed by the stockholders at the annual meeting in May 2012.Gerber became CEO of EQT Corporation in 1998 and was elected chairman in 2000. He served as chairman, CEO and president until 2007, at which time he became chairman and CEO. He retired as CEO of EQT Corporation in April 2010 and remained as Executive Chairman until May 2011. He recently resigned from the EQT board of directors. During Gerber’s tenure, EQT transformed itself from a regional gas distribution company to one of the largest and fastest growing independent exploration and production companies in the United States, the largest natural gas company in the Appalachian basin, and inclusion on the S&P 500 Index. Before joining EQT, Gerber served as CEO of Coral Energy, a subsidiary of Shell (NYSE: RDS-A). Coral, now Shell Energy North America, is one of North America’s largest energy marketers. He had previously been treasurer of Shell Oil Company and had served in a number of management and technical positions over a 19-year career at Shell. Gerber earned a bachelor’s degree in geology from Augustana College and a master’s degree in geology from the University of Illinois. “Murry brings a lifetime of energy industry success to the Halliburton board,” said David J. Lesar, Halliburton chairman, president and CEO. “His leadership, his experience in the Marcellus shale and unconventionals, as well as his intimate knowledge of international oil companies will be valuable in the coming years. We are glad he has chosen to add his talents to our diverse and multifaceted board."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV