NORTHBROOK, Ill., Jan. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation (NYSE: KS) ("KapStone") announced that the Internal Revenue Service ("IRS") has notified the company that the Joint Committee on Taxation approved KapStone's 2007-2009 examination reports as filed. As a result of the finalization of the IRS examination, KapStone will reverse in the fourth quarter $63.6 million of gross unrecognized tax benefits and accrued interest expense related to the company's position on alternative fuel mixture tax credits.
Upon reversal of this liability, KapStone's net income and diluted earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2011 will reflect an increase of $63.6 million and $1.34, respectively.
About the Company
Headquartered in Northbrook, IL, KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation is a leading North American producer of unbleached kraft paper products, linerboard and shipping containers. The Company is the parent company of KapStone Kraft Paper Corporation which includes paper mills in Roanoke Rapids, NC, North Charleston, SC, and Cowpens, SC, fourteen converting locations in the East and Midwest, and a lumber mill in Summerville, SC. The business employs approximately 2,700 people.SOURCE KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV