iPath Dow Jones UBS Natural Gas Total Return Subindex ETN (GAZ) -3.9%
Natural gas futures are tumbling for a second day, pushing GAZ and the United States Natural Gas Fund (UNG) to notable declines.
UNG continues to flirt with all-time lows. This is not a fund for the faint of heart.At the same time that ETFs linked to the commodity are tumbling, the equity-tracking First Trust ISE Revere Natural Gas Index Fund (FCG) is trading in relatively unchanged territory. iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures ETN (VXX) -2.6% The market's strong performance is doing little to help VXX as it continues to push lower. The ETN has failed to secure a single day of gains during the opening six trading sessions of 2012. This sell-off has pushed it to levels last seen in early August. The fear-tracking VIX index is struggling as well. Now that it has pierced through the lows seen during the final days of 2011, it will be interesting to see if it has further to fall. All prices were as of 2:14 PM EST. Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV