NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's "ETF Winners and Losers." Be sure to stop by during the week to find out which ETFs are gaining or losing.
WisdomTree India Earnings Portfolio (EPI) 4.2%
Moody's helped set the stage for gains across India-linked ETFs with the announcement that it had upgraded the nation's rating. While EPI is leading the march higher, other funds including the iShares S&P Nifty 50 Index Fund (INDY) are following suit.
Low trading volume leaves it susceptible to liquidity-related issues, but the Market Vectors India Small Cap Index ETF (SCIF) is seeing impressive gains as well.This upward action is welcomed; for months, India's marketplace has struggled to gain footing. Despite their ascension, conservative investors should continue to use extreme caution here. iShares Silver Trust (SLV) 3.4% As the U.S. indices power higher, investors are regaining an appetite for risk. In response, market-correlated members of the precious metals spectrum are seeing stand out gains. SLV's rise has pushed it above the levels seen following its steep, mid-December sell off. Looking ahead, it will be interesting to see if the fund can regain additional ground. Gold is pushing higher as well. Thanks to its jump, iShares Gold Trust (IAU) has managed to recapture its 200-day moving average. Global X China Consumer ETF (CHIQ) 3.2% This morning, I turned the spotlight on the EGShares Emerging Market Consumer ETF (ECON), highlighting it as an attractive way to tap into the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV