Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of breakthrough treatments for human disease. This stock, rated D sell by TheStreet Ratings, is trading up 9.4% to $1.27 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.22-$1.3052-Week Range: $0.81-$2.17 Volume: 575,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 607,792 Shares of LXRX are spiking notably higher today after the company said the combination of LX4211 and the DPP-4 drug reduced blood sugar after meals in type 2 diabetes patients more than DPP-4 inhibitor did on a stand-alone basis. From a technical standpoint, LXRX is quickly approaching a breakout trade if this stock can manage to sustain a high-volume move and close above some past overhead resistance levels at $1.32 to $1.44. Look for a move and close above those levels on volume that's near or above 607,792 shares. If we get that action, then look for LXRX to challenge its August high of $1.85.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV