Emulex (ELX) is a provider of a range of network convergence solutions that connect servers, storage, and networks within the data center. This stock, rated D+ sell by TheStreet Ratings, is trading up 14.8% at $8.49 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $7.90-$8.6252-Week Range: $5.86-$12.97 Volume: 2.6 million Three-Month Average Volume: 910,057 Shares of ELX are surging today after the company said its second-quarter earnings would be above its earlier guidance as it recovered production after Thailand flooding and overcame supply issues. From a technical standpoint, ELX are gapping up huge today on big volume back above its 50-day and 200-day moving averages. Market players should now watch for the next big breakout trade to trigger for ELX if this stock can take out $8.78 to $9.23 with volume. A sustained high-volume move and close above those levels should set this stock up to re-test $10.40 to $10.75 in the near future. Look for volume that's near or above 910,057 if those levels are taken out.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV