Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing oral drugs that target G protein-coupled receptors. This stock, which is rated D- sell by TheStreet Ratings, is trading up 10.9% at $1.78 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.70-$1.8652-Week Range: $1.21-$2.62 Volume: 4.9 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1.85 million Shares of ARNA are jumping higher today after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said it has accepted its resubmitted application for the diet-drug Lorcaserin. The FDA is expected to decide on whether to approve the drug by June 27. From a technical standpoint, ARNA is soaring back above its 50-day moving average of $1.67 today on huge volume. Market players should continue to look for long biased trades as long as ARNA closes above the 50-day and near its daily high of $1.86. If we get that action, look for ARNA to challenge $1.90 to $2 in the near future as long as the upside volume continues to track in strong. Any future move above $2.15 should then set this stock up to re-test its December high of $2.62.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV