As already evident from this holiday season where growth in direct business was much better in comparison to its retail business, we expect the trend to remain the same in 2012. The growing number of smartphone users and increasing penetration of Facebook among netizens ensure that 2012 is going to be excessively competitive in this channel.
We note that in our estimates for Gap and Abercrombie, Internet sales now account for around a quarter of the equity value.
Click here to find out how a company's products impact its stock price at Trefis.
Like our charts? Embed them in your own posts using the Trefis Wordpress Plugin.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV