The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( Trefis) -- Demand for desktop virtualization is growing by leaps and bounds, a new survey says.
According to a new global market study by virtual solution provider Citrix (CTXS), 55 percent of the responding companies will deploy new desktop virtualization for the first time by 2013, offering a big opportunity for virtual desktop solution provider. VMware (VMW), which is currently tied with Citrix for the top slot in the virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) market. The two companies together account for nearly 80% of the total desktop virtualization market, followed by Microsoft (MSFT), which has over 15% share.
We currently have a
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV