SEATTLE, Jan. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Seattle-based Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE: JWN) announced today a significant redesign of Nordstrom Fashion Rewards® as part of its broader efforts to build customer loyalty. The updated program puts more control in the hands of customers, making it easier for Fashion Rewards members to take advantage of complimentary services, access some of the most coveted benefits and fashion events and earn additional points. All Fashion Rewards members automatically began accruing benefits under the new program beginning January 1, 2012.
"Fashion Rewards is a key part of our efforts to provide better service and build long-term relationships with our customers," said Kevin Knight, president of Nordstrom Credit. "We spent a lot of time over the past year listening to customers and looking at how we could improve our Fashion Rewards program. We're excited about this redesign and how it will help us offer more meaningful benefits to more of our loyal customers."
Some of the updates to the program include:
- Complimentary alterations for all members. Every Fashion Rewards member will receive an alterations credit for Nordstrom purchases, from up to $100 to an unlimited credit per year depending on benefit level. Tailoring services are available at any Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack store.
- Addition of personal triple points days at all levels. The redesigned program gives Fashion Rewards members more control over how and when they earn bonus points. Members now have the flexibility to pick triple points shopping days of their own on top of the triple points events already available to them. Fashion Rewards members receive 1, 2, 3 or 4 personal triple bonus points days depending on their benefit level.
- Nordstrom Rack part of bonus points events. Members can now earn more points when shopping at Nordstrom Rack during bonus points events throughout the year, in addition to earning bonus points during these events at Nordstrom full-line stores and Nordstrom.com.
- Easier access to higher benefit levels. Customers no longer have to spend as much to achieve Level 3 and 4 rewards status. Under the new program, customers become Level 3 members when they reach $5,000 in annual net Nordstrom spend on their Nordstrom credit or debit cards. Previously, the spend threshold for Level 3 was $10,000. Additionally, the threshold for becoming a Level 4 member has been lowered to $10,000 from $20,000.
About Fashion Rewards:Nordstrom Fashion Rewards® offers members increasing levels of benefits the more they purchase using their Nordstrom credit or debit card. The program offers four levels of benefits, based on a member's annual net Nordstrom spend using their Nordstrom credit or debit cards. Members earn points on purchases and receive $20 in Nordstrom Notes® for every 2,000 points earned, which they can redeem anywhere in Nordstrom stores, on Nordstrom.com or at Nordstrom Rack stores. Additionally, all Fashion Rewards members receive Early Access to pre-shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Customers become Fashion Rewards members when they open a Nordstrom, Nordstrom Visa Signature® or Nordstrom Debit card. The Nordstrom Debit Card links to a customer's existing checking account and gives customers the option to take part in the program without needing to open an additional line of credit. Customers start earning points as soon as they open a Nordstrom credit or Nordstrom debit card, and Nordstrom automatically converts points into Nordstrom Notes® and mails them to customers each month — no additional elections or registrations are required for customers to start receiving benefits. For more information on Fashion Rewards and Fashion Rewards Terms and Conditions, please visit: www.nordstromfashionrewards.com. Nordstrom cards issued by Nordstrom fsb, d/b/a Nordstrom Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nordstrom, Inc.; subject to approval About Nordstrom: Nordstrom, Inc. is one of the nation's leading fashion specialty retailers. Founded in 1901 as a shoe store in Seattle, today Nordstrom operates 225 stores in 30 states, including 117 full-line stores, 104 Nordstrom Racks, two Jeffrey boutiques, one treasure&bond store and one clearance store. Nordstrom also serves customers through Nordstrom.com and through its catalogs. Additionally, the Company operates in the online private sale marketplace through its subsidiary HauteLook. Nordstrom, Inc.'s common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol JWN. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20001011/NORDLOGO) MEDIA CONTACT: Colin JohnsonNordstrom, Inc.(206) 303-3036 SOURCE Nordstrom, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV