SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Jan. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Federal-Mogul Corporation (NASDAQ: FDML), a global leading supplier of automotive technologies, today announced that it is a leading supplier for the 2012 North American Car and Truck of the Year, revealed at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
Federal-Mogul's leading technology on the 2012 Hyundai Elantra – the North American Car of the Year – includes pistons, piston rings and engine bearings. On the North American Truck of the Year – the 2012 Range Rover Evoque – the company provides pistons, piston rings, engine bearings, dynamic seals and sintered products. Federal-Mogul also supplies thermal and mechanical protection coverings for several Evoque engine components.
"Developing innovations and delivering leading technology to our customers is a fundamental priority for Federal-Mogul to generate sustainable global profitable growth," said Federal-Mogul President and CEO Jose Maria Alapont. "We congratulate Hyundai and Land Rover on receiving these prestigious awards. We are proud to contribute to the success of our global customers and remain committed to helping them deliver products using advanced technologies that help improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and enhance vehicle safety and performance."
The winners of the 2012 North American Car and Truck of the Year awards were announced on
January 9, 2012. The annual awards are designed to recognize the most outstanding vehicles of the year based on factors that include innovation, design, safety, handling, driver satisfaction and value for the dollar. The awards are unique because -- instead of being given by a single media outlet -- they are given by automotive journalists from
the United States and
Canada who represent magazines, television, radio, newspapers and websites.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV