2. Universal Electronics (UEIC) is a global leader in wireless control technology for connected homes. It creates systems that enable consumers to control entertainment devices and digital media in the home. It has a market cap of more than $252 million.
Of the seven analysts covering the stock, four rate it a buy and three rate it a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg on average expect the stock to gain 23.3% to $21.10 in the coming 12 months.
For the third quarter of 2011, the company reported net sales of $123.5 million, vs. $79 million a year earlier. Adjusted pro forma net income was $8.0 million, or 53 cents per diluted share, compared with net income of $4.7 million, or 34 cents per diluted share, a year earlier.Business Category revenue was $111.3 million, compared with $66.2 million a year earlier, contributing 90% of total net sales, vs. 84%. Consumer Category revenue was $12.2 million, compared with $12.8 million a year earlier, contributing 10% of total net sales. For the fourth quarter, the company expects net sales to range between $115 million and $121 million, compared with $102.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2010. Adjusted pro forma earnings per diluted share for the fourth quarter are expected to range from 33 cents to 43 cents, compared with adjusted pro forma earnings per diluted share of 45 cents in the fourth quarter of 2010. For full-year 2011, the company expects net sales in the range of $466 million to $472 million, which compares with $331.8 million in 2010. Adjusted pro forma earnings per diluted share for 2011 are expected to range from $1.47 to $1.57, vs. adjusted pro forma earnings per diluted share of $1.27 in 2010. Recently, the company announced that it has partnered with a fabless semiconductor company Ozmo Devices to make available the company's ultra-low power, low-cost Wi-Fi Direct technologies in UEI's connected remote control platforms.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV