Liz Claiborne Stock Gaps Down On Today's Open (LIZ)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Liz Claiborne (NYSE:LIZ) were gapping down Tuesday morning with an open price 13.9% lower than Monday's closing price. The stock closed at $9.93 Monday and opened today's trading at $8.55. The average volume for Liz Claiborne has been 3.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Liz Claiborne has a market cap of $909 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are up 15.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Liz Claiborne, Inc. engages in the design and marketing of a range of apparel and accessories. It offers men's, women's, and children's contemporary apparel, denim and casual sportswear, fashion apparel, career and casual sportswear, intimate apparel, activewear, footwear, and jeanswear. TheStreet Ratings rates Liz Claiborne as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been generally deteriorating net income. You can view the full Liz Claiborne Ratings Report. Get more investment ideas from our investment research center. Interested in other stocks that are gapping down? Get free SMS text alerts sent to you when the action happens by texting DOWN to 95370 or select from multiple alert options.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV