Updated for stock price trends.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Are the luxury retailers that have held up so well during the slumping economy finally starting to show cracks or can they still power through tough times?
As the ICR XChange conference kicks off in Florida today, some retailers are providing earnings guidance updates ahead of scheduled presentations. At a glance, the pre-announcements have been mixed.
Of most interest was the divergence in high-end retailers Lululemon (LULU) and Tiffany (TIF). Better-than-expected sales at Lululemon drove management to raise fourth-quarter earnings guidance in a big way today, while lower-than-anticipated sales at Tiffany led to a worse outlook.So far Tiffany's stock is trading down 11% today and Lululemon is trading up almost 12%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV