SAN DIEGO, Jan. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Novatel Wireless, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVTL), a leading provider of intelligent wireless solutions, today announces expansion of its machine-to-machine (M2M) module portfolio adding support for CDMA2000 1X and HSDPA with two new modules leveraging industry-leading chipsets and ensuring future-proof design and capabilities.
The two new modules, Enabler HS 3001 (1X) and HS 3002 (HSDPA), build on the legacy proven design of the Enfora Enabler series. Novatel Wireless' CDMA2000 1X and GSM/GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA low power platforms deliver small size and industry-leading performance, reliable connectivity, and device intelligence needed for today's demanding M2M applications. These solutions are ideal for markets including but not limited to security, telemetry, POS, mHealth, AVL and AMI/AMR market segments looking for high reliability and a common design across multiple technologies.
"Our proven form factor is compatible across CDMA2000 1X, GSM/GPRS, and GSM/GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA modules, allowing manufacturers tremendous flexibility and versatility in developing and deploying solutions targeting global markets," says Rob Hadley, CMO of Novatel Wireless. "Our common 100-pin connector and modular architecture is shared across these platforms and optionally powered by a programmable rules engine. We are focused on ease of migration with a proven architecture that supports rapid product development, robustness in the field, and scalability as our customers' needs grow."
The platforms are fully compatible with Novatel Wireless' service delivery platform -- the N4A Communications and Management Software (CMS) solution. The robust CMS solution allows device provisioning, monitoring, and remote configuration from anywhere in the world.The flexible, modular architecture delivers simpler, faster development and deployment of applications, keeping enterprises connected to business-critical data anywhere, anytime with the following benefits:
- Leading-edge silicon solutions from Qualcomm, namely the QSC1110™ for the HS 3001 and QSC6270™ for the HS 3002
- A common 100-pin connector form factor available across multiple technologies
- Optional SIM carrier provides smaller overall system size
- Support of essential features:
- Packet Data
- TCP/IP and UDP/IP software stack with Packet Assembler Disassembler
- Optional Integration with CMS solution for quick development and deployment
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV