Northern Trust Corporation (NASDAQ: NTRS) announced today that FlexShares, its four-month-old family of exchange-traded funds, has exceeded $500 million in assets.
FlexShares represent Northern Trust’s global expertise in asset management, investment solutions and risk management. Launched in September, the funds are designed to make it easier to construct and manage portfolios that seek to achieve investor goals while offering all the traditional benefits of ETFs.
“To exceed the half-billion-dollar watermark in less than four months is an exciting milestone,” said Shundrawn Thomas, head of Northern Trust’s Exchange Traded Funds Group. “The market has responded positively to our focus on distinctive products that address real investor needs.”
The FlexShares funds available on the New York Stock Exchange are based on indexes created and maintained by Morningstar, Inc., and Markit Group Ltd. They are:
- FlexShares Morningstar Global Upstream Natural Resources Index Fund [GUNR] – seeks to offer balanced exposure to rising global demand for natural resources, emphasizing companies with business interests in early stages of the resource supply chain.
- FlexShares Morningstar U.S. Market Factor Tilt Index Fund [TILT] – strives to offer an alternative exposure to the broad U.S. stock market by tilting the portfolio toward small cap and value stocks.
- FlexShares iBoxx 3-Year Target Duration TIPS [TDTT] and FlexShares iBoxx 5-Year Target Duration TIPS Index Funds [TDTF] – seek to provide investors access to Treasury inflation-protected securities with stable duration exposure through changing interest-rate and economic cycles. The funds’ secondary goal of income generation also may help diversify portfolios. iBoxx is a family of independent bond indexes provided by Markit, a leading financial information services company.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts