3. priceline.com (PCLN - Get Report) is a leader in global online hotel reservations, with over 200,000 participating hotels worldwide. It operates under four primary brands -- Booking.com, priceline.com, Agoda.com, Travel Jigsaw -- and several ancillary brands. The company provides online travel services in more than 140 countries in Europe, North America, South America, the Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa.
For the third quarter of 2011, PCLN recorded revenue of $1.5 billion, a 45.0% increase over a year ago. The Group's international operations contributed $953 million, rising 79% from the year-ago period. Gross profit for the quarter stood at $1.1 billion, an increase of 65% from the prior year period, whereas operating income stood at $616.4 million, up 83% from the prior year.
For the 2011 fourth quarter, PCLN expects revenue to grow in the range of 27% to 32% and gross profit to see a 42% to 47% year-over-year increase.Of the 24 analysts covering the stock, 79% recommend a buy and 17% suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $616.24, about 29.4% higher than the current price, a Bloomberg consensus shows.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts