Allos Therapeutics Reports 2011 Financial Highlights And Key Business Priorities
Key Business Priorities
- Continue to grow U.S. sales of FOLOTYN for relapsed or refractory PTCL and manage expenses to drive to future profitability
- Pursue regulatory approval to market FOLOTYN for relapsed or refractory PTCL in Europe and the rest of world in collaboration with Mundipharma
- Advance FOLOTYN development program in hematologic malignancies, including first-line PTCL and relapsed or refractory cutaneous T-cell lymphoma in collaboration with Mundipharma
- Explore opportunities to grow product portfolio revenues through product acquisition and/or in-licensing that leverages the Company’s existing infrastructure
Presentation to be Webcast
Members of the Company's senior management will present at the 30th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference. The presentation will begin at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time on Wednesday, January 11, 2012. There will be a live webcast of the presentation, which will be accessible through a link available on the home page and investor relations section of the Allos website. In addition, the webcast will be recorded and available for replay on the Company’s website for 90 days following January 11, 2012.
About Peripheral T-Cell LymphomaT-cell lymphomas account for approximately 10% to 15% of all cases of non-Hodgkin lymphomas (NHL). 1-3 Allos estimates the current annual incidence of PTCL to be approximately 5,900 patients in the U.S. and approximately 6,000 to 7,000 patients in the top five European markets. The outcome of patients with PTCL is poor and the majority of patients ultimately have refractory disease to a variety of agents, including multi-agent chemotherapy with CHOP (cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone) or CHOP-like regimens. The 5-year overall survival rate in these patients is 25% to 40%, depending on sub-type. 4-5 About FOLOTYN FOLOTYN, a folate analogue metabolic inhibitor, was discovered by Sloan-Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, SRI International and Southern Research Institute and developed by Allos Therapeutics. In September 2009, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted accelerated approval for FOLOTYN for use as a single agent for the treatment of patients with relapsed or refractory PTCL. This indication is based on overall response rate. Clinical benefit such as improvement in progression-free survival or overall survival has not been demonstrated. FOLOTYN has been available to patients in the U.S. since October 2009. An updated analysis of data from PROPEL, the pivotal study of FOLOTYN in patients with relapsed or refractory PTCL, was published in the March 20, 2011 issue of the Journal of Clinical Oncology. FOLOTYN has patent protection through 2017, potentially through July 2022, assuming a five-year patent term extension through the Hatch-Waxman Act.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV