Key benefits of UAPI include:
- Multiple remote controls can be developed for a single user interface allowing various user types to interact with services using a range of control options;
- Increases flexibility and usability of remote control features, protocols, and device connections; and
- End-to-end solution that reduces integration time and promotes future control innovation development.
With UAPI, UEI offers its customers an embedded software development kit to quickly and easily integrate advanced UI navigation and interactivity features such as:
eXtensable Multimedia Protocol (XMP®)
- Remote finder, a commonly-requested consumer feature;
- Over the Air (OTA) firmware updating, an operator benefit that brings host of upgradability features and lowers risk associated with new technology deployments; and
- Relative Pointing for menu navigation and Absolute Pointing that delivers a virtual “touch” interface on the remote for content, text entry for search and social applications.
UEI XMP is a proprietary wireless infrared connectivity protocol offering high data rate and low power consumption. XMP can be integrated into any target device and supports most of the advanced navigation and interactive control features such as pointing, text entry and device control. XMP scales as the interactive environment expands to deliver a range of performance from basic device control to high-speed, two-way interactivity.
UEI will be demonstrating its “Infinity” interactive remote control platform with UAPI and XMP at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, January 10-13, 2012. UEI’s booth is located at 20211 in South Hall 1.
Winner of the Best TV Consumer Device 2011, UEI’s “Infinity” features an integrated QWERTY keyboard; an X/Y or full 2D touchpad for scrolling and swiping; UAPI; RF4CE, and UEI’s QuickSet application.
About Universal Electronics Inc.
Founded in 1986, Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) is the global leader in wireless control technology for the connected home. UEI designs, develops, and delivers innovative solutions that enable consumers to control entertainment devices, digital media, and home systems. The company’s broad portfolio of patented technologies and database of infrared control software have been adopted by many Fortune 500 companies in the consumer electronics, subscription broadcast, and computing industries. UEI sells and licenses wireless control products through distributors and retailers under the One For All® brand name. More information is available at
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
Words and expressions reflecting something other than historical fact are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including the timely development, delivery and market acceptance of products and technologies identified in this release; the continued penetration and growth of smart / connected Television and other devices, technologies, and markets identified in this release; and other factors described in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The actual results that the Company achieves may differ materially from any forward looking statement due to such risks and uncertainties.
The Company undertakes no obligations to revise or update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release.