Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC), the global leader in wireless control technology, today announced the new Fusion remote control platform that aims to make the new generation of media viewing and interaction with interactive set-top boxes (STBs) a breeze. Fusion is a modeless 3-device remote control with a completely integrated and full-featured QWERTY keyboard. The new remote is a perfect fit for digital set-top boxes with advanced search functions, web browsers or integrated social applications.
The Perfect Solution for Today’s Connected Homes
With the expected growth in the number of IP-based STBs, the timing couldn’t be better for Fusion. According to In-Stat research (October 2011), shipments of IP STBs in North American will grow 48% in 2012.
Fusion is designed to mesh seamlessly with traditional pay-TV user interfaces as well as to extend those capabilities into advanced content search, Internet browsing, gaming, and social media applications with its built-in keyboard. Fusion helps make it easier for service providers to bring additional features to subscribers that desire better content access and a more interactive TV experience.“The number of features available on today’s connected set-top boxes positions the Fusion perfectly as the ideal choice for control of these services. Fusion is a solution that is well-priced and directly in line with customer needs,” says Lou Hughes, Senior Vice President of Subscription Broadcast for Americas. “Fusion brings the additional convenience of a full keyboard without negatively affecting the ergonomics, battery life, or usability of the typical remote control functions.” Fusion offers a host of user-friendly features that include:
- Full HD-DVR STB and TV control, backed by the most comprehensive TV and audio universal infrared code library in the world;
- Intelligent orientation detection to automatically activate and deactivate the keyboard – simply flipping the remote over automatically activates/deactivates the text-entry feature;
- Ergonomic design with a curved profile that is comfortable to hold with one or two hands depending on the activity (control & navigation and text-entry);
- Keys that are contoured and intelligently laid out for quick and intuitive use;
- UEI QuickSet 1.5 for complete automated set-up and replacement remote programming that requires no user input for TV brand/model information; and
- UEI’s Universal Application Programming Interface (UAPI) for seamless integration and scalability of advanced navigation and control features on the target platform.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV