Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC), the global leader in wireless control technology, today announced the new Fusion remote control platform that aims to make the new generation of media viewing and interaction with interactive set-top boxes (STBs) a breeze. Fusion is a modeless 3-device remote control with a completely integrated and full-featured QWERTY keyboard. The new remote is a perfect fit for digital set-top boxes with advanced search functions, web browsers or integrated social applications.
The Perfect Solution for Today’s Connected Homes
With the expected growth in the number of IP-based STBs, the timing couldn’t be better for Fusion. According to In-Stat research (October 2011), shipments of IP STBs in North American will grow 48% in 2012.
Fusion is designed to mesh seamlessly with traditional pay-TV user interfaces as well as to extend those capabilities into advanced content search, Internet browsing, gaming, and social media applications with its built-in keyboard. Fusion helps make it easier for service providers to bring additional features to subscribers that desire better content access and a more interactive TV experience.“The number of features available on today’s connected set-top boxes positions the Fusion perfectly as the ideal choice for control of these services. Fusion is a solution that is well-priced and directly in line with customer needs,” says Lou Hughes, Senior Vice President of Subscription Broadcast for Americas. “Fusion brings the additional convenience of a full keyboard without negatively affecting the ergonomics, battery life, or usability of the typical remote control functions.” Fusion offers a host of user-friendly features that include:
- Full HD-DVR STB and TV control, backed by the most comprehensive TV and audio universal infrared code library in the world;
- Intelligent orientation detection to automatically activate and deactivate the keyboard – simply flipping the remote over automatically activates/deactivates the text-entry feature;
- Ergonomic design with a curved profile that is comfortable to hold with one or two hands depending on the activity (control & navigation and text-entry);
- Keys that are contoured and intelligently laid out for quick and intuitive use;
- UEI QuickSet 1.5 for complete automated set-up and replacement remote programming that requires no user input for TV brand/model information; and
- UEI’s Universal Application Programming Interface (UAPI) for seamless integration and scalability of advanced navigation and control features on the target platform.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts