NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Credo Petroleum Corporation (Nasdaq:CRED) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CRED's very impressive revenue growth exceeded the industry average of 36.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 53.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CRED has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, CRED has a quick ratio of 1.88, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for CREDO PETROLEUM CORP is currently very high, coming in at 77.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 38.00% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 231.85% to $4.35 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CREDO PETROLEUM CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 32.28%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 207.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.56 million to $1.71 million.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV