10 Cities Poised For Greatness In 2012
The locals like to keep Austin weird, and there are few things weirder in this economy than 6.6% unemployment and home prices dropping to a rate less than the 4.7% national average.
All the barbecue, nacho platters, Shiner Bock and music and film festivals such as South By Southwest, Austin City Limits, Fun Fun Fun and the Austin Music Festival aren't worth much if you don't have the scratch to enjoy them or home to enjoy them from. Austin continues to ride a pure blend of state jobs, University of Texas help and private-sector employment out of the recession and into some mighty comfortable economic recovery. If good times are weird, Austin's only getting weirder in 2012.
"The bloom's not off the yellow rose of Texas," Trulia's Kolko says. "Texas isn't hung over from the housing boom like the other big states of the South and West, so there's little to hold back growth."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV