10 Cities Poised For Greatness In 2012
Obama, however, totally rode the Democratic National Convention in Denver to not only a win in Colorado, but to the White House. North Carolina's vote was one of the pleasant surprises along the way, and what better way to reward the city than with a convention of its very own during the week of Sept. 3.
If the president's looking for a feel-good story here, though, he probably shouldn't tread too far beyond the doors of Time Warner Cable (TWC) Arena. Charlotte area unemployment sits well above the national average at roughly 10% as joblessness in North Carolina in general sits at 9.5%.
That's a tight spot for a Democratic president to be in, especially in a city so far into NASCAR country that it's the home of both NASCAR and its hall of fame. Picking the home of Bank of America (BAC) for a convention will only make the city one-stop shopping for Occupy and other protesters. If you're a delegate or political junkie who knows his or her way around crowd nets and tear-gas canisters, however, it's not a bad place to pick up some barbecue, fresh-from-Asheville craft beer and a little bit of sleep between events.Charlotte's counting on it and estimates of $150 million in revenue from more than 35,000 delegates and visitors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV