Beef 'O' Brady's, a 210-restaurant chain in the Southeast, is in its second year, with two years left on its contract, as the title sponsor for what was the St. Petersburg Bowl (and is now the Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl). Three years ago when the sports bar and restaurant chain was approached by ESPN to buy into a sponsorship, the franchise had to weigh its options before agreeing.
"We took a hard look at it. We wanted it to have a positive impact on the brand image. We wanted to build awareness of the brand. We wanted the franchises to benefit from that awareness, building additional traffic in the restaurants, and naturally we hoped to see the flow of franchise leads increase. We decided to go forward with it for a couple of reasons," says Chris Elliott, Beef 'O' Brady's CEO.
1. The game is held in St. Petersburg, Fla., not terribly far from Beef 'O' Brady's headquarters in Tampa. Elliott says about 60% of its locations are in Florida. There are some 45 locations nearby, meaning a significant portion of Beef 'O' Brady's customers and franchisees would likely watch the game."If the Bowl game had been in
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV