SAN FRANCISCO ( TheStreet) -- Welcome to the J.P. Morgan Biotech Confab Live Chat.
I'm here to offer my take on the first day of the biotech sector's largest and most important investor conference. And of course, I'm happy to answer your biotech stock investing questions.
This year's J.P. Morgan conference should be renamed the Hepatitis C Hoedown for the buzz being generated about Bristol-Myers Squibb's (BMY) $2.5 billion acquisition of Inhibitex (INHX) and the resulting speculative mania that is gripping Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX) and Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN). Both stocks are seen as potential takeover targets, too, but how likely is that or is it just wishful thinking?I spent my day listening to presentations by Celgene (CELG), Onyx Pharmaceuticals (ONXX), Amarin (AMRN), Vivus, (VVUS) and Dendreon (DNDN). --Written by Adam Feuerstein in San Francisco.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV