This story has been updated with the correct analyst estimates for Juniper.
The networking giant said it expects to earn between 26 cents and 28 cents per share for the fourth quarter ending Dec. 31. It expects revenue will come in between $1.11 billion and $1.12 billion. Juniper had previously seen earnings of 32 cents to 36 cents per share on $1.16 billion to $1.22 billion in revenue.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect earnings of 34 cents per share on $1.19 billion in revenue.Shares were off 3.3% to $20.82 in after-hours trading on almost 800,000 shares, according to Nasdaq.com. In a statement, the company blamed "weaker than expected router demand from service providers." It also mentioned that a significant portion of this weakness came from U.S. service providers. Juniper will deliver full results Jan. 26 after the market close. Interested in more on Juniper? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV