Jacob Lew story updated to include comment from friend and former colleague Robert Litan.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- President Obama has named budget director Jacob "Jack" Lew as his third straight chief of staff who has spent time on Wall Street.
Like his two predecessors, William Daley, who spent several years at JPMorgan Chase (JPM) and Rahm Emmanuel, who worked as an investment banker at Wasserstein Perella, Lew has dedicated more of his career to government service than he has to Wall Street. Still, a brief stint at Citigroup (C) drew criticism since Lew received $900,000 after the 2008 bailout of the giant bank.
|Incoming White House Chief of Staff Jacob Lew|
President Obama "couldn't pick anybody in my view that has got more respect from both sides of the aisle, even in this very fractured political environment," says economist Robert Litan, a friend of Lew's and former colleague at the Office of Management and Budget during the Clinton Administration."It's hard to put him in the same category as Emmanuel or Daley, who were hired
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV