Vivus (VVUS) is engaged in development and commercialization of therapeutic drugs for large underserved markets, including obesity and related morbidities, such as sleep apnea and diabetes and men's sexual health. This stock is trading up 11.8% at $11.36 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.9 million
Average Volume: 1.5 millionVolume % Change: 173% From a technical standpoint, VVUS is gapping up huge today with volume above some near-term overhead resistance at $10.79. Traders should now watch for a sustained high-volume move and close above its next significant overhead resistance at $11.48. If we get that action soon, then look for VVUS to challenge $12.98 to $13.68 in the coming days of weeks. Keep in mind that it will be important for VVUS to stay above $11.48 if there's any chance of a re-test of $12.98 to $13.68. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, including Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR), Brightpoint (CELL) and Spreadtrum Communications (SPRD), check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV