Tornier N.V. (TRNX) is a global medical device company focused on surgeons that treat musculoskeletal injuries and disorders of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, ankle and foot. This stock is trading up 5.5% at $18.43 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 225,000Average Volume: 124,544 Volume % Change: 189% Shares of Tornier N.V. are surging higher today after the company announced preliminary fourth-quarter sales gains of 12.7% and full-year 2011 sales gains of 14.9%. From a technical standpoint, TRNX has started to challenge its 50-day moving average of $18.67 today on high volume. Market players should now watch for a sustained high-volume move and close above $18.67 and then $18.72 to trigger a breakout trade. If we get that action soon, then look for TRNX to challenge $20 to $22.32 (its 200-day) if the volume continues to track in strong on the up days.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV