Netflix (NFLX) is an Internet subscription service streaming television shows and movies. The stock is trading up 6% at $92.29 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 13.3 millionAverage Volume: 8.45 million Volume % Change: 222% Shares of NFLX are soaring higher today after the company said it will begin its push into the U.K. and Ireland, marking the start of a European expansion that will push it into a loss this year but will attract new customers in the long run. From a technical standpoint, NFLX is approaching another big breakout trade if the stock can manage to take out some past overhead resistance at $93.84 with volume. Volume today is already well above the average action and the stock has already hit a daily high of $93.58. A move and close over $93.84 with volume should be considered very bullish since this will bring a large gap down from $120 into play from back in October of 2010. Netflix, one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated online retail stocks, shows up on a list of 6 Tech Stocks to Avoid in 2012 but was also featured recently in "5 Big Stocks to Trade for Gains."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV