Netflix (NFLX) is an Internet subscription service streaming television shows and movies. The stock is trading up 6% at $92.29 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 13.3 millionAverage Volume: 8.45 million Volume % Change: 222% Shares of NFLX are soaring higher today after the company said it will begin its push into the U.K. and Ireland, marking the start of a European expansion that will push it into a loss this year but will attract new customers in the long run. From a technical standpoint, NFLX is approaching another big breakout trade if the stock can manage to take out some past overhead resistance at $93.84 with volume. Volume today is already well above the average action and the stock has already hit a daily high of $93.58. A move and close over $93.84 with volume should be considered very bullish since this will bring a large gap down from $120 into play from back in October of 2010. Netflix, one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated online retail stocks, shows up on a list of 6 Tech Stocks to Avoid in 2012 but was also featured recently in "5 Big Stocks to Trade for Gains."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV