Questor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR), a biopharmaceutical company, provides prescription drugs for the treatment of auto-immune diseases. The stock is trading up 8% at $42.11 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.4 millionAverage Volume: 1.1 million Volume % Change: 241% Shares of QCOR are ripping higher today after the company announced sales of its H.P. Acthar Gel that exceeded analyst expectations. The company shipped 3,360 vial of the gel vs. 1,680 shipped in the fourth quarter of 2010. From a technical standpoint, QCOR is starting to gap up big today back above its 50-day moving average of $42.25 on heavy volume. Traders should now watch for a sustained move and close above $42.25 to signal that this stock wants to re-test some major overhead resistance at close to $46. I would consider it a major breakout if QCOR can take out $46 with volume in the coming days or weeks. Questcor shows up on recent lists of 3 Low-PEG, High-Momentum Stocks and 5 Drug Stock Winners of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV