Rating Change #7
Steelcase Inc (SCS) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SCS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- STEELCASE INC has improved earnings per share by 21.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, STEELCASE INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.16 versus -$0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.61 versus $0.16).
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $51.00 million or 5.59% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, STEELCASE INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 2.29%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Commercial Services & Supplies industry average. The net income increased by 22.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $18.30 million to $22.40 million.
Steelcase Inc. designs, manufactures, and distributes furniture systems and seating products, user-centered technologies, and interior architectural products primarily in North America, Europe, and Asia. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.1, above the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio of 18.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Steelcase has a market cap of $653.5 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. Shares are up 3.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.You can view the full Steelcase Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV