Xplore Technologies Launches First Smart Docking System And First Wireless Docking System For Rugged Tablets At CES
Xplore Technologies Corp. (OTCQB: XLRT) (“Xplore” or the “Company”), developer of one of the most rugged tablet computers available in the marketplace today, is introducing the first smart docking and first wireless docking systems at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, NV, January 10-13, 2012. They will be demonstrated at the Microsoft LINC CES Product Showcase and at Alereon’s Briefing Suites at CES, and are part of an extensive new line of rugged docking and port replicator systems being launched this month by Xplore. These new docking systems have been specifically designed to safely house Xplore’s line of iX104XC5 tablet computers in the most rugged environments.
- The Xplore xDIM Pro is the first smart vehicle docking system ever designed for rugged tablet computers. The xDIM Pro uses General Purpose Input/Output to receive inputs from a variety of external devices, which enables connection to sensors to detect button presses, opened doors or windows, equipment malfunctions, etc. This replicator system also uses GPIO to output and manage a wide range of external devices, which can turn on lights, alarms, as well as control power for other external devices. Most importantly, the xDIM Pro can communicate real-time situational data to the operator and supervisor. Utilizing engineered glass filled resin for improved durability it has many key features that include 3 USB ports with one port on the side and two rear ports to allow for maximum flexibility; built-in cable retention for continuous connectivity; external antenna pass through; increased connectivity with VGA, Serial and Ethernet ports providing a wide variety of options; and GPIO to allow for input and control of external devices. It also boasts many significant features for connectivity.
- The Xplore xDIM Pro Wireless is the first ever designed wireless docking system that has been purpose-built for harsh demanding environments including those with freezing temperatures and extreme heat where remote use would be preferred. Because it is wireless it eliminates power and connector issues and has grab ‘n go connectivity up to a 15-foot range. This first wireless docking system utilizes an industrial glass filled polymer body for improved durability with two rear facing USB ports, allowing maximum flexibility. The xDIM Pro Wireless also has built-in cable retention allowing continuous connectivity and power and eliminates port connector for enhanced performance in high shock and vibration situations. Furthermore, the xDIM Pro Wireless allows for dry storage in wet spray-down and freezer environments.
In addition to the two products mentioned above, Xplore is also introducing the Xplore xDIM, a third product in the xDIM line, that is made of lightweight plastic construction designed specifically for rugged use. Its input/output expansion allows for increased options and the Molex Power connecter provides power delivery and distribution.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV