Foreclosure story updated with recent commentary from Goldman Sachs.
NEW YORK (
TheStreet) -- The Obama Administration is close to announcing a pilot program to sell government-owned foreclosures in bulk to investors as rentals,
The Federal Reserve, Treasury, HUD, Fannie Mae (FNMA) and Freddie Mac (FMCC) are working out details of the plan, including what the pricing for such a sale would be, the government's role in the plan and identifying those with the operational experience to manage such properties, according to the report.
The policy aims at reducing the foreclosure supply in the market, which has been depressing housing prices, while capitalizing on increasing demand for rental homes.Banks repossessed fewer homes in 2011, but much of the slowdown was because of foreclosure processing delays. The recent spike in "default filings" points to a
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV