Bank of America was the top advancer last week, up 11.2%, on reports that a refinancing plan would enable borrowers with current mortgage payments to refinance at a rate of 4.5% or lower. However, analysts argued that such a refinancing plan could prove negative to banks. Meanwhile, BAC has also declared preferred dividends in the range of 19 cents to 54 cents on its Cumulative and Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock Series.
Microsoft rallied 8.3%, after British Telecommunications (BT), in association with Microsoft, announced an enterprise-class platform to host dedicated Microsoft Lync voice pilots in BT's Irving, Texas Operations Center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV