Xplore Launches Most Rugged Docking System Family Of Products To Support IX104C5 Rugged Tablet Computers At CES
Xplore Technologies Corp. (OTCQB: XLRT) (“Xplore” or the “Company”), developer of one of the most rugged tablet computers available in the marketplace today, is launching an extensive new line of rugged docking systems at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, January 10-13, 2012. These new docking systems will be displayed and demonstrated at the Microsoft LINC CES Product Showcase, and at Alereon’s Briefing rooms at CES. Consisting of two newly designed products, the Xplore docking systems represent the most advanced technology in rugged computing developed to date and further expand the company’s dominance in the ultra-rugged computing market. These docking systems have been designed specifically for use in the most rugged environments where computers are used today.
Whether an Xplore iX104C5 rugged tablet is going to be used on a bicycle, motorcycle, in a helicopter, ship, cart, fleet vehicle, forklift, truck or emergency vehicles, the new line of Xplore docking systems are built as tough as the computers that they safely house.
The new line consists of the following products:
- The xDOC PRO, a new glass-filled industrial polymer body for improved durability and lightweight installation. Weighing only 2.6 pounds, the xDOC PRO offers a new twist-release mechanism for easy docking and undocking and is built specifically to withstand high shocks and vibrations such as those that might be found on forklifts or rugged all-terrain vehicles. This docking system also provides a self-alignment tamper-proof key lock for optimum security of the unit.
- The xDOC II has been designed specifically for vehicle applications, such as those used by first responders. This docking system, with all-metal construction for maximum strength, offers an easy pull-up docking/undocking mechanism and is compatible with the xDIM I/O expansion module, also being introduced at this time (more on this below). The xDOC II is an ideal docking system for in-vehicle, mobile and fixed-mount applications and weighs 5.5 pounds.
- The xDIM, a third product in the xDIM line, that is made of lightweight plastic construction designed specifically for rugged use. Its input/output expansion allows for increased options and the Molex Power connecter provides power delivery and distribution.
Additional information on the docking systems will be available at the Xplore website ( http://www.xploretech.com) the week after CES. They are expected to be available in the market place January 17 th, following the CES show.Xplore’s iX104C5 line of rugged tablet computers, powered by the Intel® Core™ i7 processor, are “real-world rugged” and can withstand a seven foot drop to plywood while operating; can be fully immersed in water for up to 30 minutes; are impenetrable to dust and debris, having achieved the industry’s highest rating; pass the hazardous certification test meaning they can operate in explosion-prone areas without causing sparks; operate in -4 degrees (F) to 140 degree F temperatures and can be stores at -40 degrees F to 167 degrees F; and combining the high density, light magnesium allow chassis, compression seals, structural frame, ISO-damp LCD cushioning, contour bumper protection (from 26 directions), with the non-moving thermal management system, and solid state drives (SSD), Xplore systems are engineered to withstand damage in the harshest of conditions. The C5 line consists of the following computers:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV