SunCoke Energy, Inc. (NYSE: SXC) announced today that Karen B. Peetz, John W. Rowe and James E. Sweetnam have been elected to its board of directors. Ms. Peetz, 56, is vice chairman of the Bank of New York Mellon Corporation and a well-regarded financial services industry expert. Mr. Rowe, 66, is chairman and chief executive officer of Exelon Corporation and a recognized leader in the utility industry. Mr. Sweetnam, 59, most recently the president and chief executive officer and director of Dana Holding Corporation, is a highly experienced international operating executive.
In addition, in connection with the previously announced spinoff of SunCoke from Sunoco, Sunoco Directors Stacy L. Fox; Michael J. Hennigan, Brian P. MacDonald, Charmian Uy and Dennis Zeleny will resign from the board effective January 17, 2012 – the planned distribution date of the special dividend to Sunoco shareholders of the remaining SunCoke Energy common stock owned by Sunoco.
“We are pleased that Karen, Jim and John have joined the SunCoke Energy board of directors. They are extremely qualified directors whose diverse experience will be an asset to SunCoke Energy and our shareholders,” said Frederick A. “Fritz” Henderson, chairman and chief executive officer of SunCoke Energy, Inc. “Their expertise will complement that of our existing board as we seek to maximize returns for our shareholders and continue to deliver value for our customers.”
“We also thank Stacy, Mike , Brian, Charmian and Dennis for their many contributions to the company over the years,” said Henderson. “They have played an invaluable role in helping SunCoke become an independent, standalone company, strongly positioned to grow our business domestically and internationally over the long-term.”The three appointments and planned resignations bring the total number of directors on SunCoke’s board to seven.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV