Story updated from 6:31 a.m. ET with Akamai, Jon Corzine, global trends items.
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The latest meeting between Nicolas Sarkozy and Angela Merkel leads your quick fix of company, market, economic and investing news for Monday, Jan. 9.
Monday's 5 Biggest Stories
Who doesn't love a meeting?
Sarkozy and Merkel will meet today to discuss their master plan to save the euro as borrowing costs in eurozone countries rise.
They also love meetings in China, as the country welcomes
Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner for a discussion on Iranian nukes and trade.
Quote of the Day"Our assessment is that even if some of the eurozone countries are in a recession technically for some or all of 2012, the whole of the zone might not technically be in a recession," IMF head Christine Lagarde said of the chances that the eurozone falls into a recession this year.
Company NewsMotorola Mobility (MMI) tries to sneak bad news by investors (and Google (GOOG)) after Friday's closing bell.
MarketsIn some positive news for the eurozone, the euro currency recovered from 15-month lows ahead of the Merkozy meeting.
Investment StrategyWhy stocks will beat bonds over the next 20 years.
Odds and EndsWarren Buffett was going to sing a song and play guitar for a Spring Festival gala in China. Now, he's not. Drats.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV