Xyratex Ltd. Stock Upgraded (XRTX)
- XRTX has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.48, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- XYRATEX LTD's earnings per share declined by 36.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, XYRATEX LTD reported lower earnings of $0.97 versus $4.45 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.28 versus $0.97).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 38.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for XYRATEX LTD is rather low; currently it is at 18.80%. Regardless of XRTX's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, XRTX's net profit margin of 4.80% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $7.52 million or 21.63% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts