LOS ANGELES -- Lions Gate Entertainment (LGF) is close to buying Summit Entertainment, the maker of the Twilight series of vampire movies, according to published media reports.
Lions Gate plans to spend $400 million in cash and stock on the movie studio, according to a report by the Associated Press that cited two anonymous sources familiar with the deal.
The deal talks are in the late stages and could be wrapped up this week, the news agency reported.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV