"President Chavez is not going to solve Venezuela's very serious international legal problems with either speeches or even a formal denunciation of the ICSID Convention," Nolan said, noting that those pursuing claims against Venezuela are also able to sue under about 20 investment treaties that Venezuela has signed with other countries.
Chavez said Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa "is proposing something that is absolutely necessary, creating an organization in (the regional bloc) Unasur where some differences between governments or businesses in Latin America can be settled."
In the case of Exxon Mobil, Chavez said the company had initially demanded about $12 billion in compensatibillionbillionhttp://twitter.com/ianjamesap
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV