True Religion (TRLG)
Company profile: True Religion Brand Jeans is an apparel company that specializes in premium denims, with prices of up to $398 for one pair of girls skin-tight "distressed" jeans. Other products include: corduroy pants, skirts, shirts, shorts, jackets, blazers, hoodies and T-shirts.Share performance: up 22% in the past three months and 55% in 2011; three-year average annual return of 38%. Investor takeaway: Morningstar's review of analysts' ratings found three "buys," one "outperform," one "hold" and one "underperform." Columbia Wanger Asset Management owns 9% of its shares. They have an $894 million market value.
Brunswick (BC) Company profile: Brunswick makes a wide range of recreational products, including Sea Ray, Boston Whaler and Bayliner boats, Mercury and Mariner outboard engines; fitness equipment, under the Life Fitness and Hammer Strength brands; and billiards and bowling equipment. Share performance: up 22% in the past three months; down 3.4% in 2011; three-year average annual return of 54%. Investor takeaway: The recession hurt boating industry sales across the board, but Brunswick stayed afloat, which means it can gain market share as competitors sink into oblivion. But the industry may never return to the glory days of 2007 to 2008. Mutual fund firms appear to like it as Wellington Management owns 11.7% and Fidelity 10% of the company's outstanding shares. A Morningstar survey of analysts found five "buy" ratings, one "outperform" and three "holds."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV